Saturday, January 23, 2010

a bit of me

I've always asked by friends and family alike, "How do you know all about computer?"

And I always stunned. How the hell am I going to answer this? Its not like I know everything. looking back, my knowledge is somewhat shallow and not as deep as some might think I do.

The first computer I've touched is an old mac, at my dad's workplace. I think I was somewhere in primary school. I don't quite sure what the name of the game, but it is a DOS game. And at that time, what in my mind is not the computer but the game.

an old mac

I am a heavy gamer and I wear glasses because I of that (Although my hobby reading at midnight time also to blame). My first PC is a system with a superfast Celeron 366Mhz with staggering 64MB ram and a huge 3.2GB of HDD space! The only thing inside my HDD back then was game alone. And I've become pretty much computer geek because my PC keeps on crashing and its my job to keep that PC alive so my dad don't know how many time we (me and my bro) break it down.

sim city 2000 is one of my fav game that time

The amount of time i spend on computers is irrelevant to my knowledge. As far as i can remember, i always loved gadgets and stuff. Seeing someone repairs something (or breaks up things) excites me. Even a simple fix to our faucet by my dad, or motor repairs by my uncles, really makes my inside ticks.

Gadgets galore, but not a single cell of brain detected.


Overtime, my knowledge accumulated, and in weird ways too. Just because i do wears specs, people just lump me into 'Nerd' group and expecting me to be able to hack UN,NASA, and ISRAEL with my hands tied and blindfolded. It is not true, I can't hack a single thing. Even my own laptop, in an even of I had forgotten my password. (thank god I never forget them). Me being sort of adventurous, tried. One after another PCs, Laptops, Servers I've repaired, and recovered from Virus, worms, bad format, missing boot record, excidental 'format' etc...

So, is that answer your question?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger